Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Novotel Palembang - My 'Me' Place

I've posted various photos of everyday life here in Palembang and mostly, the scenes are somewhat dirty/messy/poor/old. Now, here is a photo of a place that I escape to almost everyday.

This is literally the nicest place in Palembang. It is clean, cool, quiet, usually devoid of guests and basically calming. It is extremely hot in the house here so we make it a routine to go out in the afternoons. Sometimes we go to one of the 3 malls in Palembang but I don't really count that as 'me' time. Instead, I try to go to the gym/pool at Novotel. Looking after Aaron is extremely rewarding and joyous but at the same time it is draining both physically and somehow mentally. Physically because he needs 100% supervision. I also find that I'm mentally drained ... not sure how but I think it has something to do with not having a minute to myself throughout the day. This seems to eat at me until I work it out in the gym and refresh myself. I just need that time to organise my thoughts without interruptions. After an hour I'm fully recharged and eager to spend more time with Aaron.

No comments: