Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Bionic Fish Finder or a Chia Pet?

As a child, I enjoyed following my father and brother on their fishing expedition. I still fish with my brother when I visit him. These days, we use fishing rods instead of the hand reels we had as children. He's even talking about getting a Bionic Fish Finder. Although...I find that it kinda takes the fun of the suspense. His birthday is coming up in November so I'm looking into getting him one.

I was browsing here for a fish finder that I could get online and came across this really interesting 'pet'. Its called a Chia Pet. Its basically a terracotta pot that will sprout hair (grass) so you can keep trimming it. They're really much cuter than the Bionic Fish Finder and come in all sorts of cartoon characters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gosh the CHIA PETS!!! haha! brings me way way back. the tv ads, and that 'stick in your head' jingle--"Ch-Ch-Ch--Chia Pets!!!"
--
don't worry wont tell the fisherman :))

NomadicExpat said...

Hmm... I think Colin Foo used to have them, those Chia Pets.