Sunday, July 15, 2007

A garden full of my own vegetables

I'm so excited about our garden these days. It seems that every time we go out there, the plants are noticeably bigger. The ladies fingers are doing the well and we've had them for about 4 or 5 meals. My four angle beans (also known as wing beans) have just started to flower and there are a few tiny ones about. I think we'll be able to harvest them in about two weeks. My lime plant has a small fruit on it but I'm not sure if it will last much longer (looks like its drying up). I also have a papaya tree but there are no signs of any fruit yet....just some buds.

This is a baby ladies finger with the flower still at its tip.


The tiny four angle bean is at the center of the photo. Since I took the photo, the other two flowers have beans too.


My lime.


My papaya buds.

1 comment:

NomadicExpat said...

WOw, you have REALLY become domesticated! This is so unbelivable! ;-) Nothing beats growing your own vegetables and fruits and eating them. I miss those four-angled beans. It's great in sambal belacan.