Sunday, July 29, 2007

Foot Reflexology for USD4.40

Richard ended up working a full day today but it didn't stop me from proceeding with what we had planned; Foot Reflexology. I had expected the place to be deserted, as it was last week when we went for our Neck/Shoulder massages, but it was FULL. I took the last recliner. You get these extremely comfortable 'leather' recliners to lounge on while they work on your feet.

I wouldn't say that the 60mins were 'relaxing' since the purpose of reflexology is for general health and involved kneading my skinny toes repeatedly with toughened knuckles. While I asked for a gentle session, the two middle aged men next to me were wincing in pain. Supposedly, it will hurt when they knead the part of your foot corresponding to whatever part of your body with a problem. I only felt some slight discomfort on the forth toes so either my face or my sinuses have some secret issues that I don't know about.

All in all, it was a good experience but I preferred the Neck/Shoulder massages that we got last week.

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It probably takes a lot of tension out of the body.

NomadicExpat said...

I get really squirmish when I go for a foot massage. Darn, $4.40. That's like the price of my peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich (ok, I get 60 cents back for change).

Amanda said...

You know what? I think I slept better last night. When I get back I might make it a weekly event....I'm a naturally tense person so....never know what tension needs to be released.