Thursday, July 5, 2007

7 Wonders of the World

Do you know what they are? I used to but it looks like there will be 7 new ones on 07.07.07 and almost everyone in the world can have a say as to which 7 it will be.

The campaign is being organised by the New7Wonders Foundation with the express aim of documenting, maintaining, restoring and reconstructing world heritage.

In 2005, 21 candidates were selected out of 77 nominees. They are

Acropolis, Athens, Greece <------------------ Still waiting for me
Alhambra, Granada, Spain <------------------- Still waiting for me
Angkor, Cambodia <--------------------------- May 2004
The Pyramid at Chichen Itza, Mexico <-------- Still waiting for me
Christ Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil <---- Still waiting for me
Colosseum, Rome Italy <---------------------- August 2000
Easter Island Statues, Chile <--------------- Still waiting for me
Eiffel Tower, Paris, France <---------------- August 2000
Great Wall, China <-------------------------- Still waiting for me
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey <------------- Still waiting for me
Kiyomizu Temple, Kyoto, Japan <-------------- Still waiting for me
Kremlin/St Basil, Moscow, Russia <----------- Still waiting for me
Machu Pichu, Peru <-------------------------- Still waiting for me
Neuschwanstein Castle, Schwangau, Germany <-- Still waiting for me
Petra, Jordan <------------------------------ Still waiting for me
Pyramids of Giza, Egypt <-------------------- Still waiting for me
Statue of Liberty, New York, USA <----------- Still waiting for me
Stonehenge, Amesbury, United Kingdom <------- Still waiting for me
Sydney Opera House, Australia <-------------- Lost count on the number of visits
Taj Mahal, Agra, India <--------------------- Still waiting for me
Timbuktu, Mali <----------------------------- Still waiting for me. I didn't even know Timbuktu was REAL until today.

4 out of 21 - I'd better get back on track with my trading if I'm going to visit the remaining 17 places.

Anyway, go vote for your favourite before 07.07.07

2 comments:

NomadicExpat said...

What happened to Borobodur??? It should be on the list, and we ARE going there one day right? ;-) I've only been to one on that list -- Great Wall of China. I dont quite agree with the new list that includes ths Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, Sydney Opera House... They aren't "wonders" in the way Angkor Wat, Machu Pichu, etc are.

Anonymous said...

From Syiekatsuya
http://www.syiekatsuya.co.uk
Few of that place I already visit
I hope you also someday.
And thank you for your comment.
If you free time..you can visit my site and see our photo galleries at many country we already visit.