Saturday, June 2, 2007

Meme

This is my new word of the day. When I initially came across it, I thought it read MI MI. Its actually pronounced like the 'mem' from memory or supposedly sometimes it rhymes with dream.

Its original meaning is something along the lines of 'chinese whispers' where one person's post on their blog is written about by somebody else and then again but yet another person. Get it?

Now, there are websites out there that create daily, weekly or monthly questions/ideas/topics (called the memes) and post them for other people to go write about. Sometimes it is suggested that you get several of your friends to write about the same meme. And then, each of them goes and gets several other people. ETC ETC ETC

The Daily Meme
is an interesting place to start. I think I'll give it a go one of these days.

No comments: