Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Camps

During my childhood, Summer Camps, were just something from the movies. I never attended any camps but I had watched many movies on the antics of children in various summer camps (obviously the original Parent Trap was a favourite). I LONGED to join one of those programs but my parents preferred family holidays instead. In hindsight, I think I like that better too.

Now that I have a kid, I'll probably go for a mixture of familiy holidays as well as camps for Aaron. I think its a good thing for children to experience. These days there are camps for outdoorsy type activities as well as for a more academic focus.

For those parents who would like to integrate learning with fun over the summer, SCORE! Learning offers various summer programs for overall study skills in math, language arts, science and reading as well as a specific writing camp as well.

No comments: