Sunday, August 5, 2007

A lifestyle to appreciate

Even though every day is a weekend for me, I especially like Saturdays and Sundays here. The Australians really make full use of the weekends and a short trip to a nearby park almost had me green with envy at the lifestyle that these young families had.

There were two couples with babies no more than 3 or 4 months old. Just laying around enjoying the sunshine.

Another few dads were out with toddlers that had just learnt to walk. They were messing around in the sand pit and playing with the swings.

Yet another few families appeared to be meeting up with friends that had kids the same age. These older kids were all over the park while the parents were enjoying the picnic.

I wonder if these people realise how lucky they are to have a lifestyle like this? This is a public park but it is clean and has good quality equipment for the children to play around on. The weather is sunny yet cool so its pleasant to be outdoors. Most people here enjoy a 5 day week so the weekends are free for family. I don't know of any family in Malaysia or Indonesia that spend weekends like this. Its usually spent in the malls!

I did mention that I'm only almost green with envy. Almost because I can always make the choice to come live here. So when will I? Soon.....In the mean time, I'll enjoy it with Aaron every day of this holiday!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

have to agree with you how australians really value weekends and enjoying life. im amazed aaron knows he has to hold on to the swing! and look at that grasp.
anyway, i have something for you in my latest blog post. :)

Serina Hope said...

Your baby is adorable. I read your whole blog and I think it is great. I will definetly keep coming back. It really is impressive how well he hold on to the swings! What a big boy!

Unknown said...

what size shoes does he wear now??

NomadicExpat said...

Look at your little hobbit with his big feet! Haha. He looks so happy there. I can't wait to see him again. Hopefully, he will allow me to hold him. Do you think if I give him some food that might just do the trick? ;-)