I love finding out more about the people behind the blogs I read. Yesterday, Serina at Laughter, Love and Madness: The Life We Have tagged me for a meme to whare some interesting facts about myself. I found this a little hard to do because these days, I find that my life revolves so much around Aaron's routine that there is nothing interesting left in me. So, here are some facts about me:
1. I don't like sleeping in. This is the way I've been my whole life. When I was in school, I didn't want to waste precious weekend time by sleeping them away. When I had a job, and worked 15 hour days, I found even more reason NOT to sleep in. What would life be if I just worked and slept. These days, with the baby, there is of course no time to sleep in but still, I don't yearn for it. If he's up at 5am....lets start the day.
2. I can eat A LOT. Seriously. I can eat more than my husband. Its not that I'm always stuffing myself with food but when the occasion calls for it, I can really eat and enjoy every mouthful of it.
3. I'm paranoid about losing my teeth. It was terrible during the 9 months of pregnancy and I visited the dentist about 4 times. Two 'official' visits and two turn-up-and-beg-for-consultation visits because I had imagined cavities. I still imagine problems with my teeth but I try not to go running to the dentist all the time.....I think I'll be needing a root canal soon...
4. I'm constantly worried that I will spoil Aaron. There is always so much 'advice' out there about not giving in, reprimanding, not to always carry a child etc etc etc. And there are also so many books out there about how to gently discipline (or teach as John had once explained. In the end, I say to myself that motherhood is a journey and I will learn as we travel together.
5. I'm a little self conscious about the way I walk. I think my feet somehow swing out and then in again....making me look like a cartoon character. And I have a tendency to lead with my head....making me look like a tortoise.