Monday, October 29, 2007

7 days

We've only been back a week and Brisbane is already a distant memory. The transition back to life in Palembang has been hot/sweaty/sticky but smooth. It looks like we'll be sticking to the daily routine of waking up at 4.30am when the first prayers of the day are sung over a loud speaker from the nearby mosque. Sometimes Aaron manages to fall back asleep but even then, he'll be up by 5am anyway. From then on its a cycle of 3hr stretches when he's awake followed by 45mins or 90mins (depending on noise levels) of nap time for the rest of the day.

I'm enthusiastic about filling the 3 hours he's awake with fun and stimulating activities. Once I stop procrastinating, I'll have my list of 30 min activities written up so that I can plan each day.

Today we started with sing-a-longs at home. Very similar to the ones we had at the library in Brisbane but much more active. Perhaps TOO active because I was exhausted and hoarse after the 30 mins. I stacked some pillows against the wall for 'Humpty Dumpty' and each time Humpty fell off, I got Aaron to fall down to the mattress. My legs also became Yankee Doodle's pony. And finally, I got a good abs workout having him sit on me to row the boat. All his actions are so exaggerated and he keeps giving me the sign language for more. And more. And more. After each song....more. Well, at least I know he likes it. He'll have MORE tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're good with singsongs, Amanda!

Serina Hope said...

You are an inspiration. Sounds like Aaron is having a great time. He is lucky to have such an entertainer as a MOM. :)