Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Aaron's first haircut

The weather is getting much warmer now and when we get back to Palembang, it will probably be sizzling. I was hoping to leave Aaron's hair untill he was school age but I realise now that its just not practical.

After several attempts over the past few days, the neighborhood turkey provided us with the perfect distraction while the family hair stylist got to work. My mother used to cut all our hair when we were growing up; mine, my brothers AND my fathers.

We all had our roles. I threw the bread out to the turkey. Turkey hopped around after the bread. My mother snipped away.


I think it worked out well. Here's the end result:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think boys like crew cuts better than long hair. Not so hot! When they become teenagers they like to have longer hair.

NomadicExpat said...

Awwww... I always thought he would have this cute bob until he's older. Now, he really looks like a lil' boy. Neighborhood turkey? Is that going to land on the dinner table? Thanksgiving is around the corner in Canada, and I'll be getting my turkey dinner next month! :-)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Did Aaron give a tip at the end?

Serina Hope said...

He looks great! I wish I had someone who could cut my kids hair. You are lucky.

Bilbo said...

My father used to cut our hair when we were small. He wasn't terribly good at it, but he worked for free (which was an important thing back then). I think one of the reasons I now go to the local Hair Cuttery for my haircuts (besides the great scalp massages I get from Regina) is that I don't want my hair cut by a relative any more. I did enjoy the pictures of Aaron's haircut, and your clever distraction while your mom did the job. We didn't have a turkey back in the day...we had to watch each other, ha, ha.

Amanda said...

I've grown out of my mother's hair cuts too. The salons are just so much more relaxing with the soothing massages and the magazines etc....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.