Thursday, October 11, 2007

The beginning of the end

I'm terrible with counting down to the end of holidays. I'm always sighing and saying there there is 50% left, 30%, 25%, etc. It doesn't matter that I've had about 10 weeks here, I still do that countdown. BAD HABIT.

Tomorrow, Richard arrives and our whole family will be going for a much anticipated holiday down at the Gold Coast. We'll spend four fun filled nights in Surfers Paradise. The days will be filled with time at the beach, fishing, shopping, eating and probably lots of side splitting laughing. Yet, all day today, I have had the phrase 'The beginning of the end' going round and round my head. Why do I do this to myself?

I have another 10 days left here in Brisbane and I know that the next few days will be so enjoyable that it will burn through that time in a flash. Its not that I don't want to go back to my life in Palembang. I just really enjoy being here and I know I will miss the activities and conveniences of living in Brisbane. The food will definitely be something I miss too. I'll have to go back to being a vegetarian 90% of the time.

I just re-read this post and it sounds morbid! Its really not that bad. More like a nagging ache somewhere in the background. There will be no blogging from there so, I wish you all a fabulous weekend now. I'll be back next week :)

5 comments:

Bilbo said...

Have fun! I'll look forward to hearing about the trip!

noisms said...

I do the exact same thing. It always ruins the last couple of days of a holiday, because I'm thinking every so often "Ugh, I have to go back to work in two days/tomorrow."

Weird thing is, I actually like working. It's just being on holiday is so much better. ;)

John A Hill said...

Enjoy the week--especially the side splitting laughter! I know we'll all be looking forward to reading about your holiday!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Countimg down only brings the end of a holiday faster than usual.

John A Hill said...

By the way, I countdown all the time. For example--it's only 168 days until the Opening Day at Busch Stadium (Cardinal baseball) and I only have 4 yrs, 2 mos and 26 days until I'm eligible to retire.