Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #9

13 Things I Never Thought I'd Be Doing

Lets go back 13 years. I was 19 then and I never thought I'd ...

1) ... be a housewife. I had hoped to be a 'wife' but didn't think I'd be the stay-at-home kind.

2) ... be a mother. I thought I decided in high school that I didn't want to be a mother. BUT, I also remember thinking if I did end up one, I'd want to be the stay-at-home sort. Talk about being a confused teenager.

3) ... be planting my own fruit and vegetables.

4) ... not be working. I always imagined working in a cleanroom environment and enjoying every moment of it.

5) ... be cheering while looking at somebody else's number 1s or number 2s in the toilet.

6) ... count countries as varied as Costa Rica, Philippines, China, Japan, Korea and the US as places that my short lived career had sent me to. I'll forever be thankful for those trips.

7) ... live in a place where I have no friends. Back then, I had so many friends I used to wish I had time to just be alone.

8) ... be trying to figure out if cookies can be made without a microwave. Can they?

9) ... mute the volume whenever a movie has too much suspense buildup.

10) ... choose to go to bed early instead of watching TV.

11) ... be enjoying the Wiggles as much as Aaron does. Initially, I thought they were ridiculous but now, I'm as into the Wiggles as he is! Toot-Toot-Chuga-Chuga Big Red Car.....

12) ... become meticulous about tidiness. I just find that its so much easier to meet Aaron's needs if I knew exactly where everything is. So now, even his toys are always kept in the same groups and all members accounted for before being placed in their allocated space. I find that its easy for him too because he can zoom straight to whichever one he's thinking of.

13) ... be this contented and happy with my simple life.

7 comments:

Bilbo said...

#5 proves you are a true parent! As for #7, I think you've managed to acquire quite a few virtual friends out here...it's not quite the same thing, but it's something. And, according to my daughter, #10 is now my directive, too.

Kellan said...

I can appreciate and relate to all of this and I love the last one!

Have a good evening AManda - see you soon - Kellan

Cynthia said...

I relate to many of these...#7 in particular. It's weird how different things turn out to be:)

elizabeth embracing life said...

Amanda, I can see so many things that are simular with what I thought and what it is. I also love to put back all the toys to their respective places. I still have all the pieces to toys that are over 20 years old. Really. My favorite is the Little People Farm. I know that sense of being organized and everything being in it's place. Blessings to you today!

John A Hill said...

I'm with Bilbo; I hope that you think of us in the blog world as friends.

My favorite is #13. I am trying to simplify things in my life to share in that kind of happiness.

Amanda said...

Hello everybody. Yes, I definitely see all of you in the blog world as friends. Thanks for reminding me of that. I should have included that on my list because the daily 'conversations' we have through our blogs is something I look forward to each day.

egan said...

Strange how we see ourselves back then versus present day.

You really don't have any friends in town? That makes me sad. Oh, I have the same late night issues, substitute the internet for the tv though.