13 Things I Never Thought I'd Be Doing
Lets go back 13 years. I was 19 then and I never thought I'd ...
1) ... be a housewife. I had hoped to be a 'wife' but didn't think I'd be the stay-at-home kind.
2) ... be a mother. I thought I decided in high school that I didn't want to be a mother. BUT, I also remember thinking if I did end up one, I'd want to be the stay-at-home sort. Talk about being a confused teenager.
3) ... be planting my own fruit and vegetables.
4) ... not be working. I always imagined working in a cleanroom environment and enjoying every moment of it.
5) ... be cheering while looking at somebody else's number 1s or number 2s in the toilet.
6) ... count countries as varied as Costa Rica, Philippines, China, Japan, Korea and the US as places that my short lived career had sent me to. I'll forever be thankful for those trips.
7) ... live in a place where I have no friends. Back then, I had so many friends I used to wish I had time to just be alone.
8) ... be trying to figure out if cookies can be made without a microwave. Can they?
9) ... mute the volume whenever a movie has too much suspense buildup.
10) ... choose to go to bed early instead of watching TV.
11) ... be enjoying the Wiggles as much as Aaron does. Initially, I thought they were ridiculous but now, I'm as into the Wiggles as he is! Toot-Toot-Chuga-Chuga Big Red Car.....
12) ... become meticulous about tidiness. I just find that its so much easier to meet Aaron's needs if I knew exactly where everything is. So now, even his toys are always kept in the same groups and all members accounted for before being placed in their allocated space. I find that its easy for him too because he can zoom straight to whichever one he's thinking of.
13) ... be this contented and happy with my simple life.