Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nations Of The World

I'm pretty hopeless at geography. Apart from the "common" countries that we frequently hear of, I'm terrible at pin pointing other ones on the map.

My cousin passed this to me a few months ago and I was hooked on the tune then. I started memorizing the countries and locations but eventually got distracted by other things. Aaron didn't seem all that into it at the time either.

But now, there's been a revival...



It was originally aired in 1993 so its pretty old and some of the countries, like Czechoslovakia, no longer exist. However, most of the other countries are still valid and this has been a really fun way of teaching Aaron about countries. Aaron seems to find it a lot more fun now and tries his best to sing along. I'm about a quarter of the way through learning it. Sounds like a waste of time but its good to exercise my brain once in awhile.

I get this mini sense of accomplishment when I manage to find some little country like Burundi on the map. (Try doing it without looking at where Yakko points.) Oh yeah, we have a huge wall map so it makes things a lot easier.



In case you're wondering, that KFC bucket is really a Captain's hat. OK?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amanda.. I've added that one to my youtube favs for future use on Isabella.

Cynthia said...

Thanks...I was wondering;)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good use of a KFC bucket!

Mike said...

I actually made through the whole video. Do I get a new hat as a prize now?

Posidyn said...

Good to know my contribution has been useful.

So, when are you going to start teaching "The Senses Song"? :)