Friday, April 3, 2009

Facebug

This is Facebug. Or maybe I'll call it "Smelly Facebug" because its defense mechanism (apart from that warrior like mask) seems to be an awful stench that hangs around long after it has left.



We found him outside in the garden but it moved too fast for me to get any decent photos. So, I put it in this container for a little while to get a better look.

Actually, we often come across different looking bugs (although this is the first colourful one) but I never know their names. I should make more of an effort to find out what they're called instead of just making names up myself.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



p/s: My next post will be on Tuesday because we're going to Jakarta for a long weekend. YAY!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I see Bumblebee has transformed into a smelly bug. Nice catch :)

Cecily R said...

I don't know what it really is...but FAcebug seems like the perfect name for your new friend!

Leah said...

thanks, i believe i've seen one of those before. i've got three boys! :)

Alex the Girl said...

We only have the green stinky ones. Very unusual subject matter for your photo! How brave of you. Great shot.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Interesting bug. I try to avoid all things bug.

fiona said...

Oh Noooooo. I do not like bugs!
Smelly ones? *glances at goosebumps on arms*
You are one brave lady!

Mike said...

I just sent the picture to a bug identification site. We'll see if they come here and look.

Tink *~*~* said...

well he DOES look like a face. I see eyes and a nose! So I guess it's an apt name.

TGIF!
Tink *~*~*

Strolling into the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival

Bilbo said...

I don't like bugs, regardless of size, smell, color, or faces. Yuck.

My life... said...

I am glad the bug is in YOUR garden.

kayerj said...

pretty bug! great shot
Here’s my photo story happy Friday!

Chris said...

Man! I never get cool bugs like that!

Elaine at Lipstickdaily said...

We get those too but ours are a little more bland looking.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Wow, that is a cool bug. Vibrant and a great picture you were able to get. My boys go bug hunting about every single nice day. I would pass on this event, but being the mother I pretend I love the adventure more than they do.

Cynthia said...

Kinda scary looking...Have a great long weekend!