Friday, April 24, 2009

Its Time To Sit Back

These few weeks has seen a surge in Aaron's independence. Little by little each day, he has started to make up his own games. All these photos were taken today. After waiting over two and a half years for a day like this, I didn't know what to do with myself so I just watched at first then thought I should capture the moments.







Not only does he play by himself, he's able to get himself a drink and later on, go pee as well. I know I won't be out of a job anytime soon but it looks like I might be able to take on some other jobs soon. Or maybe, I can start delegating things like folding the laundry. He seems interested in that!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

9 comments:

Mike said...

"folding the laundry"

Take advantage while you can. That won't last long.

fiona said...

Great photos!
The "redundant" feeling passes...a wee bit.
Get him helping with the laundry! It's the one thing that all 3 of mine don't mind doing, tidy bedrooms on the other hand...

Alex the Girl said...

Love it. Wish this helping out thing would last throughout the teen ages.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It looks like Aaron is growing up!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I think we're going through this stage too - and we both know it's just that - A PHASE! Too cute!

Wayne said...

the stages of childhood can be fun

great photo riday

Tanya said...

I love reading your blog especially your photos of where you live. I've been reading it for a wee while-although this is the first time Ive commented (I think). In any case I was tagged to join 'Her Bad Mothers' 'Round the world in 80 clicks' experiment and I thought of you so if you are so inclined....What do you love about being a mum?http://badladies.blogspot.com/2009/03/world-according-to-mom.html
Tanya

Cynthia said...

He's such a big boy!

Cool video too:)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Great photos, love the 2nd shot! Good idea to start em young on the laundry!