Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I feel GOOD!

Two day's ago, Bilbo borrowed an idea for a post from Serina Hope's blog. That post was on things that got on their nerves. Today, Bilbo has a follow on post on things that make him feel good and I'm borrowing that idea here.

These things always make me feel good:

1) My son's cheeky little face. The twinkle in his eyes when he raises one eyebrow. This usually happens right before some lunge into mischief.

2) Richard surprising me with KFC. He does this every month or so. Bad for my body but really makes me feel goooood. I love junk food but limit myself to just one major junk meal (things like KFC, McDonalds, Pizza etc) a month.

3) Accounting for all our money. It may sound crazy but I really enjoy tracking our family's monthly expenses and matching all the inflow with the outflows. It is extremely satisfying when everything matches up.

4) Lazy holidays by the beach. Somehow the water and the sand always makes me happier than any other holiday destination.

5) Diving! The SCUBA equipment may seem awkward and heavy out of the water but when I am down there amongst the fish and coral, I am a MERMAID. I don't feel good before and after a dive because lugging all that weight around is no joke but when I'm in the water, the feeling is indescribable.

6) Having a meal with my entire family, including parents, brother and sister-in-law. We always end up having such good laughs and everybody is just CRAZY.

7) Having a movie night at home with my husband. When we were first married, we could watch up to 4 movies in one night. The last movie night we had in July ended at around 9.30pm after only half the movie. We may not have the luxury of being able to stay up late anymore but that time together still feels just as good.

8) Getting completely immersed in a multiple book fantasy series. The one I'm currently on is The Serpent War Saga by Raymond E Feist. For now, I have to use my ears for books instead of my eyes but it feels just as good to get lost in the story.

9) Exercise. Everybody knows that. Exercise makes you feel good. While it may take a bit of self convincing these days, I do enjoy a tough workout. Its the fastest way to putting yourself in a good mood.

10) Sleeping on rainy days. Warm pumpkin soup. Meeting old friends. Meeting new friends. Sitting down and reflecting on the day. Waking up early and going out for a walk when it is still crisp. Nachos. Christmas carols. Etc, etc, etc......

I believe that there are plenty of things in everyday life to make us feel good. However, sometimes, we're just too busy/stressed/preoccupied/grumpy to notice them and allow the goodness to be felt.

6 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

UUMMMM the DIVING one I thought at first it wsa DRIVING I was thinking man where does she drive.


ok NOW I think it is time for a nap for everyone,,,,,,

egan said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog the past couple days. I think everything on this list is good. I'm a huge fan of napping on rainy days, then again I am from Seattle.

Wait, I'm not so keen on number 3, but more power to you.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

This theme is a good one that I have seen one other blogs. The answers are always very good.

Serina Hope said...

I love your list. Have you read the Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin? It is wonderful

John A Hill said...

Warm pumpkin soup? Sound interesting. How about a recipe?

Amanda said...

LOL! Well, I do like driving too but it doesn't always make me feel good.

I think napping is a popular feel good activity I across the world.

John,
I'll try to get a post up with the recipe. Its actually my mom that makes the soup :P