Monday, November 30, 2009

Fun In The Middle Of Nowhere

I was too tired last night to get my post done. We spent the day in the bush. Well, it looked like the bush but it wasn't really. This place was only about 15 mins drive from the Gympie town center but it really looked in the middle of nowhere.



We went there for a Clogging Christmas Party. Obviously I'm not clogging right now but I still like watching and Aaron seems to enjoy it too. It didn't matter that the temperature must have been in the mid 30 degrees Celsius and that the low roof you see there was made of zinc. Everyone had a fan in hand and was still having a blast. Its great that these people are so enthusiasitic that they don't let these 'minor' discomforts stop them. My parents included!

We packed frozen drinks, a box of popsicles for Aaron and a stack of frozen towels to hang around our necks. Aaron was the only little kid there but most of the crowd were grandmothers so he was kept entertained. Or maybe he was entertaining them, I'm not sure. Either way, we all had a good time.

It took us nearly two hours to get there and then we were in the heat for about four hours but Aaron was surprisingly well behaved. I nearly didn't go because I thought I'd have a miserable time trying to control him and stop him from being a pest to all the people there. But, he surprised me. Isn't that always the case?

1 comment:

Mike said...

It's 30 degrees F here. But I don't think I want to trade.