Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Look What I Got!

He arrived on 27 Dec 2009. So, those people who were betting on a Christmas baby weren't too far wrong.



Things actually got started on the night of the 25th. On the 26th, I went to the Boxing Day sales in the city before making my way to the hospital. Things were really slow. They almost said I should go home because it didn't look like 'real' labour. They did insist that Richard go home so he left me to my pain.

Two hours later things went from slow motion to fast forward. Even the midwives didn't quite expect things to move so quickly and each time they checked to see if I was at whatever stage they thought I would be at, I was a couple of steps more advanced. Within 20 mins of them getting me to the birth suite and saying that I was at 4cm and to relax, the baby was out! Lightning Boy!

Everything is good now and we're home trying to get as much rest as possible. I won't be the almost-daily blogger I was for awhile but I also can't stay away from the internet completely, so, check back every so often for posts on my life as new mom of TWO! (It still hasn't sunk in.)

Happy New Year Everyone!

9 comments:

Bilbo said...

Congratulations, Amanda!!! What a beautiful baby and a wonderful Christmas gift. All the best to you and Richard and Aaron - I know I speak for all of us when I say that we look forward to your new posts...however few and far between as you go forward.

Jenny Quld said...

Congratulations what wonderful news!
He is beautiful and I can't wait to hear more about him.
Happy New Year to you and your lovely family!

John A Hill said...

Congratulations to you all! Another beautiful baby.

Mike said...

Congratulations. I feel like I'm late commenting here. At least there's a day between Christmas and his birthday.

fiona said...

wow! congratulations!!
beautiful baby. *swoon*

have plenty of good rest (whenever possible). ;)

p said...

WOW! Already you are back to blogging. Very dedicated.

Big congratulations Amanda. Has he got a name yet?

Happy trails.

Niam said...

congrats! what's the li' guy's name?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Congratulations, Amanda. Your year has ended on a high note!

egan said...

I've been absent for a bit and now see you had Adrian. Congrats Amanda. I will call you brave for having a second child.

To this day I struggle to keep any semblence of normalcy as a parent. He's a cutie.