Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Pregnant Lady Look

I think I was a pretty cool pregnant lady the first time around. Cute little bump and all the time in the world to keep myself looking nice.

But at about 4.30pm today, I saw myself waddling in the reflection of some store window. AND, I had my hand on my belly. I looked just like those women I said I would never look like.

We went to a family friend's 60th Birthday Party last night and there was A LOT of standing around for hours. I was so tired after the four and a half hours there that I couldn't stay upright when I got home.

Today was already designated as a shopping day but I was too tired to start in the morning so we only left after lunch. I really should have stayed at home.

After two hours I had to keep rubbing my belly because of the continuous Braxton Hicks contractions (practice ones for the big day). And I think my hips had loosened out so my back was aching and I had to drag my legs along. I still continued on my mission though and got all the things I needed. They were all for the hospital bag so I thought I'd better get it done.

So, I've learned my lesson and will be much more charitable the next time I see a pregnant lady waddling instead of walking and rubbing her belly continuously (its not that she's so excited about the baby). There is good reason! And now you all know it too.

* I have to tag this on to the end of my post. Do you all remember "My Heart Will Go On" from the movie Titanic. Somebody next door is karaoke-ing to it! Have you ever heard anybody except Celine Dion sing it? I think its giving me more Braxton Hicks contractions. *


* Oh no. She has started on "Unchained Melody" now.... *

* Maybe I should be more charitable. She might have good reason to sing all these songs. *

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

A funny post, Amanda.

...and I'm sure that you are still a beautiful pregnant lady!


wv: peditar--the look you have after walking barefoot on hot blacktop roads.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I see so many women in my office waddle when pregnant!

Mike said...

Karaoke is an excuse to kill somebody. Tell the police I said it was ok.

Bilbo said...

John is quite correct in assuming that you are still a beautiful, pregnant lady, and Mike is also correct in that karaoke can lead to justifiable homicide. I'll send you the gun.