I got this meme from Bilbo's blog. High school certainly was a long time ago! Looking back, I neither enjoyed nor hated high school. Its just something that had to be done. I went to All Hallows' School in Brisbane.
1. Did you date someone from your high school? – No. I went to an all girl's school.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? – No. I married someone from the office instead.
3. Did you car pool to School? – No. I don't remember anybody driving to school. I took the 7.28am train each morning. Students had a train pass that allowed free travel from the suburb you lived in to the suburb your school was in.
4. What kind of car did you have? – No car until my first year at university. It was a yellow mitsubishi station wagon with no power steering.
5. It is Friday night then; where are you? – At home reading or watching TV.
6. It is Friday night now, where are you? – At home reading or watching TV. Oop! Something needs to be done about this! I am comforted that after high school and before motherhood, I did do other things on a Friday night....
7. What kind of job did you have in high school? – On weekends, my brother and I cleaned the office areas and bathrooms at the warehouse my mother managed.
8. Were you a party animal? – Not at all.
9. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? – I played the violin in the school orchestra. Also, I took music as a subject in Grade 11 and 12 and our class regularly entered choir competitions. We won a few and had a lot of fun.
10. Were you a nerd? – Not really. I think I was right in the middle of the nerd to rebel spectrum.
11. Did you get suspended or expelled? – Nope. I never even went to detention. The worst I ever got in my entire school life was a light whack on the bum with a cane. This was back in primary school in Malaysia.
12. Can you sing the school song? – Yes and I really like the melody. Just don't ask me what it means because its in Latin. Angeli, archangeli.....angels?
Hmmm...Its been 17 years since high school and only now do I find out, after Googling, that the school anthem was not an original for the school. Its some sacred motet from the 1500s.
13. Who was your favorite teacher? – I don't have one. None really made an impression on me.
14. Where did you sit during lunch? – We had a canteen (called tuckshop in Australia) to buy food but no designated area for eating. There were benches around the school and lots of grassy spots. One of the regular lunch spots I remember is the walkway joining the convent to the main part of the school. Its the area under that long red roof in this link.
15. When did you graduate? – November, 1992.
16. What was your school mascot? – I don't think we had one.
17. If you could go back and do it again - what would you do?
a) Don't pick German or History in Grades 9 and 10
b) Learn the cello instead of the violin
c) Understand instead of memorize
d) Pick some of the business subjects
e) Mingle more. I tended to have one group of friends for lunch. One for orchestra. One for classes. Etc, etc, etc... I wish it was more free flowing.
18. Did you go to the Prom? – Yes, except its called the school Formal in Brisbane. All I remember is an embarrassing moment when my heel got caught in the bottom bar of a stool when I stood up (yes I'm a klutz) and I nearly went splat! Unfortunately, no knight in shining armour rescued me, just my girlfriends.
19. Do you still talk to the person you went to the prom with? – No. I honestly can't remember his name.
20. Do you still talk to people from your school? – Up until November of 2008, I have been in constant contact with only one of my friends. But now, thanks to Facebook, I have found many many many more of them. Still looking for one particular girl. (If your name is V. Wu and you graduated from All Hallows in 1992, leave me a message!)
Alright, its your turn.