I'll be the first to admit that blogging (reading and writing) takes up more than its allocated time each day. Its just sucks me in. But I love it.
13 Facts About My Blogging
1) I usually work on my blog around 5pm. Thats when I let Aaron have 30 mins or so of The Wiggles.
2) Aaron pulls his chair right up next to me and watches from there.
2) My plan each day is to write the post for that day and the next day, just in case something comes up the next day and I don't have enough time. I only succeed in doing this about once a week.
3) Most days, I'm chatting with my friend in Shanghai as I blog.
4) I read other people's blogs either early in the morning or after Aaron is asleep.
5) When I first started blogging, I was desperate to increase my readership and would skim as many blogs as I could, leaving half hearted comments on each one. Now, I only occasionally search out new blogs. I want to be able to read the blogs that I already follow slowly and leave decent comments (most of the time).
6) I also joined all sorts of blog rings in the beginning but I took all those links out last weekend.
7) My SIL introduced me to the world of blogging by telling me about the money she was earning from PayPerPost. Unfortunately, to get the 'good ads' you needed to have a decent Google PR, hence the blog skimming and blog ring memberships. I soon felt that it was like betraying myself and my readers to blog about things that I have no interest in.
8) I purposely make sure there is diversity in the blogs I visit. I like mom blogs because I identify with so many of the topics. And, its easy to just go from one to another because they are very often funny (and cute), but, I don't want that to be the only topics I read about.
9) In real life, I'd be too embarrassed to share, in person, anything that I've written. I do it almost every day here and then get embarrassed later on when I meet a reader in person and they bring up a past post.
10) Richard has a blog too. I asked him to start it as a way of practicing putting his thoughts down in a logical way.
11) I also told Richard that we should keep our blogs separate and not leave any trails to each others blogs.
12) I'm starting to grow a blogging conscience. There is an incredibly funny sex related topic I have but I just can't bring myself to spell it out. Its too gossipy since its about somebody here.
13) I am incredibly grateful for all the regular readers that I have and the virtual friendships that have come out of blogging.