I worked through one of my yoga DVDs in the afternoon, supposedly making me breath properly for 40 minutes, and felt a lot happier afterwards. I guess I just needed some extra endorphins released.
I also managed some reading time today and had a good laugh. Its sometimes strange how simple acts, like breathing and laughing, can make one's day 'happy' again. So, for today's Thursday Thirteen here are thirteen words from an anonymous mum's dictionary.
1) Amnesia: Condition that enables a woman who has gone through labour to make love again.
2) Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.
3) Family Planning: The art of spacing your children the proper distance apart to kee you from killing them.
4) Feedback: The inevitable result when your baby doesn't appreciate the strained carrots.
5) Full Name: What you call your child when you're mad at him.
6) Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they're sure you're not raising them right.
7) Hearsay: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a dirty word.
8) Impregnable: A woman whose memory of labour is still vivid.
9) Independent: How we want our children to be, as long as they do everything we say.
10) Ow: First word spoken by children with older siblings.
11) Show Off: A child who is more talented than yours.
12) Sterilize: What you do to your first baby's dummy by boiling it and to your last baby's dummy by blowing on it.
13) Two Minute Warning: When the baby's face turns red and she begins to make those familiar grunting noises.