Today, we'll be heading to KL for another short trip. As usual, we're flying on Air Asia. I agree that since 2001, the airline has lived up to its tag line "Now Everyone Can Fly". At least everyone in Malaysia seems to be flying!
We have used it every time to travel between Kuala Lumpur and Palembang. Its cheap and direct. So, I can't complain about that. I am thankful that the flights exist and has become like hopping on a bus to go home for me. But thats about all the good I can say about it.
I know that there is a difference in your flight experience depending on your destination (especially if you're going somewhere like the Gold Coast or London) so my gripes here are specifically regarding the Kuala Lumpur - Palembang flights.
13 Reasons Why I Don't Like Air Asia's Palembang-Kuala Lumpur Flights
1) Flight attendants are rude and unhelpful.
2) Seats are always sticky.
3) Headrests always appear oily.
4) The tray tables and back of seats in front of you are always spattered with whatever the last passenger had to drink.
5) They are always out of the food you are willing to buy.
6) They also never have the duty free items you are willing to buy.
7) There are no dedicated check-in lines for Indonesian destinations at the Kuala Lumpur Terminal. They are all lumped under "Indonesia" and is crazier than the local market.
8) We have experienced two trips where the airlines sent out an SMS informing of a flight delay when there wasn't any. One of the times, Richard ended up missing the plane because he showed up at the time the text message said to.
9) The Indonesian number for Air Asia rarely works. Its not that you're put on hold, it just doesn't connect!
10) No matter which language the announcements are made in, nobody understands them because they are always mispronounced and recited at the speed of light.
11) Same goes for announcements made by the pilot. Its not right to judge their skills from the way they speak but I can't help wondering if we're safe. They always sound like they're leaning back with their feet up and a coffee in hand.
12) Everything about the airline (except its bottom line) seems so unprofessional. What about their maintenance??
13) Oh no....I don't have a thirteenth and I'm running out of time.
Have a good weekend everyone. Next post on Monday.