Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 Points of Randomness

1) I've finally worked out what Aaron means by having rocks in his nose.

2) Aaron's favourite music for car trips now is Jive Bunny. Anyone who is not driving has to play an instrument the whole way. Its actually quite fun.

3) I've fallen into a habit of not having a "real" lunch. Aaron's naps have moved to lunch time, 12-2pm, so we usually have a light snack before this and another one when he wakes up.

4) I've started following my parents to their Thursday clogging class. And, I like it!

5) Aaron is very manageable in one-on-one situations but as soon as a third person is around, he starts acting up. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.

6) Aaron is a little "roasted" from going to all the park's here. I put sunscreen on him and he has his cap on but I think we need to avoid the parks between 9.30am and 4pm.

7) I've been doing a lot of cooking here and am enjoying it. I mostly cook on the non-rice nights but even for those, I've introduced my parents to a couple of my favorite Indonesian dishes.

8) I don't like the way my hair is behaving here. It seems to get tangled very easily and then when I brush it out, its all frizzed out.

9) I enjoy driving here. Its orderly and stress-less. I especially like driving Aaron around when there is only the two of us in the car.

10) In Palembang, I have rolled oats for breakfast every single day. I really don't like it at all but its whats good for you. Over here, its Special K every single day. Not that good for you but its my absolute favorite breakfast.

11) I chat with Richard each day and occasionally, when the timing is right, Aaron and him have a video call. We don't really miss him because there are two of us and our days are packed but I think Richard does miss us.

12) I miss the Indomie from Indonesia. The unhealthy instant noodles that I sometimes allow myself over there.

13) My latest favorite vegetable is curly kale. The first time I saw it was at the organic market a couple of weeks ago. Prior to that, I've never had any sort of kale. I cook it in an Indonesian style broth with tumeric, ginger, garlic and onions.

No comments: