Friday, October 24, 2008

Photostory Friday - Alma Park Zoo

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Apart from the trip from Palembang to Brisbane, today is the first time Aaron and I have been on an "big excursion" alone. Of course, we go for short outings everyday but never for something that takes a whole day. Today, the both of us took a 1 hr drive north of Brisbane to Alma Park Zoo. He was an angel in the car.

When we were there, he was the perfect little guy. Cute, obedient and full of smiles. He missed his morning nap but still, he behaved.



He finally did fall apart right at the very end when a deer came, snatched our bag of feed and munched everything up (including the paper bag). We headed straight for the car and he was asleep even before I left the car park.

I really had a wonderful day and I'm pretty sure Aaron did too. Its great that he's now old enough for us to do things like this together.

While I have many cute photos of Aaron, it might be this shot of the donkey that will stand out in my mind.

19 comments:

NomadicExpat said...

Ewwww... the donkey needs to floss! Gross.

I love the pic of him feeding the kangaroo. Can you please email me the others?

Amanda said...

Yup. Gross.

It just kept coming up and doing that. If you dropped some food in, it would immediately swallow and then get back in this position. They were chubby donkeys!

tiarastantrums said...

ha h a- floss much?

Bilbo said...

That picture of the donkey reminds me of many of the political ads running on TV now...except cuter.

Anonymous said...

They only have kangaroos, deers and donkeys in the zoo?

Killlashandra said...

Great donkey picture! Our horses do similar things but I haven't captured one on camera yet. But it's amazing they can move their sideways like that!

Sounds like a pleasant trip to the zoo. :)

Mike said...

Neat roo pic. I want to feed the roo too.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Aaron just can't get any cuter! What a fun time, I bet he loved it, eh? And that last shot is so stinking PERFECT!

Cecily R said...

Oh my gosh, that donkey pic is hilarious!!!

And the pic of Aaron and the kangaroo is adorable!

I love it when I spend one on one time with my kids. There's just nothing like it!

Laura said...

Totally Hilarious and Totally NASTY!!!!

Kellan said...

Sounds like fun and that donkey - too funny!

Have a good weekend - Kellan

Angie said...

Your little guy is a cutie pie and I LOVE the shot of the donkey, I think it's fantastic!

Deb said...

great pics... especially the second one!! cute how he isn't too afraid to feed the roo.

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, great pictures..
Poor Donkey..
Someone is neglecting his teeth..

Chris said...

Yeah, I see a little plaque there. Nice shot!

Cynthia said...

Oh girl...the donkey shot is soooo funny!

Unknown said...

Looks like a good day! SO cute feeding the deer and brave too!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture of the donkey. And I'd love to feed a kangaroo. Too cute.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Wow that last picture is hilarious! :D How fun to spend the day visiting the animals!