Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ampera Bridge Again

We had a friend visit us for a couple of days and I took her to the touristy side of Ampera Bridge. Since this bridge is famous throughout Indonesia, I thought this girl (an Indonesian from a different city) would like to go check it out. The esplanade over looking the bridge is supposedly where all the dating couples of Palembang can be seen in the evenings. Thats where we went.



We went in the late afternoon when only a few snack stalls were up and the area still devoid of anybody except the people who worked there. These two buskers creeped up behind us and started singing.



They were AWFUL (but don't you think the guy on the right has a head of attention grabbing hair? tee! hee! hee!). All I could hear was a couple of murmured words here and there and the occasional twang of a guitar string. I gave them a tip thinking that they would go away but instead, I found out that because I paid them, they were obliged to finish the entire song they were murmuring. And then, because of me tipping this particular duo, we were approached by several other duos. All we could do was stand around uncomfortably until they decided to leave.

5 comments:

Kellan said...

How funny - that is a head of hair - HA!

Have a good day, AManada - see you - Kellan

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Indonesian lesson no# 37, don't pay the busker!!!!!!

Mike said...

I learned a new word today.
busker - noun
A person who entertains people for money in public places (as by singing or dancing), usually while asking for money.

Cynthia said...

Oh my...that would freak me out a bit!

egan said...

That will teach you to tip any musicians in the future. Yes, I use the word "musicians" loosely.