Monday, May 28, 2007

Vitamins, antioxidants, cancer....MLM

Up until we moved to Palembang, we were always surrounded by talk about supplements and how our normal food intake does not contain enough vitamins and antioxidants. How stress and free radicals are going to lead straight to cancer and the such. Well, its true, the modern lifestyle and diet is just not a good combination.

In comes MLM - Multi Level Marketing. There are so many in the market today...Amway, Lifepak, Usana. I usually run the other way but I liked what Lifepak had to offer a couple of years ago so we signed on. Do I have any downlines? NOPE. I thought I could get into it but...I didn't.

Today, I'm contemplating Usana. It certainly does have more antioxidants than Lifepak for a similar price. However, I don't think I'll be lured into signing up as a MLM-er for them. I just feel too awkward going up to the few friends I have and asking them to buy something from me. I'd gladly give a product a free plug but somehow, asking people I know to buy something doesn't sit right with me.

Maybe I'll change my views one day. Maybe I won't. Who knows?

No comments: