Monday, June 29, 2009

The 101 Things To Do List

Last year, I came to know about the 101 things in 1001 days from zero_zero_one's blog. The idea immediately appealed to me and I started work on my list. Making the list was much harder than I thought it would be and I actually took a couple of months to complete it. It really made me think that all this staying at home had made me into a lazy bum for not having anything that I wanted to do. I felt good when it was done and I looked forward to crossing things off. Bad luck! Our hard disk crashed and I lost everything! I backed up things like photos but this list was on the desktop....and alone. Somehow, I just didn't have the motivation to make another list and I left it.

Recently I started reading "How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be" by Jack Canfield. He's the guy that wrote the "Chicken Soup For The Soul" series (which I really really did not enjoy). Every so often, I enjoy reading one of those books that tells you about focusing and getting your life on track (and then I forget LOL!).

Anyway, once again, this book suggested a list of 101 things. This time, the time frame was much longer - you have until death to do them. So, I started working on that list last week. I'm only up to item 64!!! I'm starting to wonder whats wrong with me. The list has a lot of places that I want to visit, several things I want to learn how to do (including make shoes), a few materialistic things and a few of those ideas I had for helping the underprivileged. I didn't want to put down simply anything just to make up the list. For example, I had the fleeting thought of sky diving but then I thought about it again and I don't really want to do it. I also don't want to put down some of the "smaller" things like "read The Kite Runner", which I had on my 101 things in 1001 days list.

Have I become so unambitious? Am I so complacent in life that I can't even think of things that I want to do before I die? Or have I just become boring? Older? Unimaginative? Narrow minded? Maybe I've lost some brain cells and I just can't think anymore?

Anyway, this has been frustrating me today. I'm giving myself a couple more days and then I'm moving forward with the book. So be it if I only have a list of 64 things!

6 comments:

John A Hill said...

How about #65--travel to Missouri to meet John!

Mike said...

How about #66--travel to Missouri to meet Mike?

Mike said...

#67 - In 2 years 6 months and 6 days find John his own shack on your beach.

Amanda said...

LOL! Well, thanks for the 3 additional items :)

Bilbo said...

#68 - Travel to Washington and visit Bilbo and Agnes. Aaron can play with Leya while we take you and Richard sightseeing.

You've got me started on the 101 things list. A while back I did a post about my "Bucket List" (things I wanted to do before I kick the bucket, as in the movie), but it only had 5 or 6 things on it...now it's up to 8. I need to move out faster if I'm going to get up a 101 things list!

iynn512 said...

hey same here ^^ but i'm not doing 101 things in 1001 days, yet. i'm doing 25 before 25 list. and i'm stuck at number 16. i want to do something that i want, yet achievable in the timeline, considering my own commitment towards study and perhaps certain financial restrictions. but goodluck on finding another 34 things to do...