Sunday, June 24, 2012

Finally, School Holidays!

Hooray! Hooray! Its a Holi-Holi-day!

We've started it off by spending the day at a couple of parks. Unfortunately, the wind was very cold and I didn't find it as relaxing as I was hoping it would be. It was still a great day. We weren't in a rush, didn't need to be anywhere by a specific time and just let the kids do whatever they wanted to while we sat and watched. 



You can't imagine how happy I feel knowing that tomorrow is not a school day. The 10 week term is about as long as I can go without getting some time off from that daily routine of getting people dressed, fed, belted into the car, taken out of the car, in and out, in and out, in and out...

I almost didn't make it to the finish line last week - and I'm the mom! By Wednesday, Aaron came up to me before bedtime and said "Ma, could you please wake up a little earlier tomorrow?" Oops! Yes, I did oversleep two days in a row and then rushed through the whole morning routine. Breakfasts and packed lunches weren't as yummy as they could have been I suppose. And of course, I was grouchy because we were running so late on those days. There was also a day that I uhmm.....resorted to a McDonalds breakfast for Adrian after dropping Aaron at school. 


So you can see that this two week break is very much needed. I don't plan on being lazy and just lounging around all day but I do plan on everybody having breakfast in their pyjamas and taking as long as they like. There will be no rush. I have made a long list of activities that we can choose from each day so that I don't need to waste any of the holiday time thinking of what we should do. A lot of my ideas are centered around the home but , we'll also be making trips to the libraries and maybe having picnic lunches out at a park somewhere. I'm looking forward to be a fun mom again instead of the mom with the imaginary whip.

1 comment:

Mike said...

'resorted to a McDonalds breakfast'

You're alright Mom. I don't care what anybody else says. I think I'll go to McDonald's tonight out of support for you. I think I see two fish sandwiches in my future.