Sunday, April 1, 2012

Odds and Ends

Yes, I've taken a few days off from blogging and even today, I don't quite have it all together. All the hustle and bustle of the term must have caught up with me in this last week and I was completely exhausted. And, to end the term, we had to have it extra busy with a few make up swimming classes for Aaron, make up classes for Adrian's Montessori sessions and a birthday party. I don't know about Aaron but I am very ready to have fortnight off from the school routine. The other mothers are all talking about playdates and the such but I just want to take it easy. I have a huge sleep debt to pay off!

March is over and if you remember back to this post at the beginning of March, I said that I would try to learn something new each month. Did I? Sort of. I had chosen to learn chess because I absolutely don't know anything about it. Unfortunately, all I've done is some superficial reading of it and haven't played a single game yet.

This doesn't mean that I didn't have a new experience though. Its something a lot shallower but early in the month, I found A LOT of grey hairs. They were the hidden kind but I was still feeling very bummed that the day is coming whenI'm going to have them visible. Anyway, it triggered a whole new 'looking good' routine. I have never been one to wear make up - not for work and not for going out either. BUT, for many days this month, I went through the whole cleansing, moisturising and a teeny bit of make up routine. I'm not even sure you can call it make up because all I did was put on some BB Cream, maybe eyeliner and lip balm. Anyway, it took away an extra 5 minutes to my already crammed morning schedule. I have also been blow drying my hair properly with both a hair dryer and a hair brush (instead of my hand). This is a big deal for me because I have long, thick hair and this work is very tiring!

So basically, instead of ending the month with a new skill like playing chess, I have instead tried my hand at making myself look a little nicer. I don't think I want to continue doing this though because I am not sure there has been any significant difference.

Aaron tried something new. Its been done before, by others, and he has read about how they failed but he wanted to give it a go anyway.





1 comment:

Mike said...

To learn to play chess you have to play it. Maybe you could play through the mail with somebody. Who do I know that likes to mail letters...... HEY!