Monday, March 5, 2012

Listening In On My Neighbors

Yes, thats exactly what I'm doing right now. I'm pretty sure its not counted as eavesdropping because they are forcing me to listen to them.

Our house is sandwiched by two blocks of units and unfortunately, I hardly know who lives next door. They aren't usually noisy and this post isn't about how terrible they are for being this loud. In fact, they are providing a lot of entertainment.

I can't really see them but I think there are about three or four men out on the balcony. And, they are singing. Not karaoke but just singing along to their CD players or iPods or whatever. That alone would have been funny enough for me but they are singing all the songs that I had forgotten about. Music that I used to listen to all the time. In a way, they are taking me on a slightly off key walk down memory lane.

They're all singing along and they know all the words. I find it strange that a group of men would sit around and do this. They aren't even rubbishing one another. And take a look at the type of songs they have been singing....

From 1994:



From 1995:



This has left me with a bit of a puzzled feeling inside because singing along to CDs was not something I thought guys did when they sat around with their friends. In any case, they are very distracting because I also know all the words to that particular Boys II Men CD and can't help joining in quietly from my little corner here.

1 comment:

Mike said...

'..singing along to CDs was not..'

It's not. This is very strange.