Sunday, February 6, 2011

Its Awful!

Last night, I watched part of the movie, "The Backup Plan". It was extremely cheesy and halfway through, I switched over to what I thought would be a better movie, "No Country For Old Men" - winner of four Academy Awards!

I mustn't have been in the right frame of mind for that sort of movie because I went to bed thinking that I just wasted the previous two hours. I was confused and feeling grumpy that the movie was the kind that sort of had no ending.

Ultimately, it was the cheesy movie that had a lasting effect on me. I have been laughing about this scene ever since we watched it last night.

f

Isn't that so true??? Those people that gush about the wonder and beauty of parenthood are leaving out 75% of their day. LOL!

Its probably also true that these *awful* *awful* *awful* *magical* repetitions leaves me unable to dig deep to understand movies like "No Country for Old Men". I've already spent my day digging deep for patience I don't necessarily have.

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

I haven't seen either of those movies, but the other evening Agnes and I watched "RED," with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren. A great and funny (if violent) story about some retired, extremely dangerous (RED, get it?) agents figuring out who is trying to kill them. We loved it.

Mike said...

Most award winning movies bore me to death.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Nothing worse than a cheesy movie that has a lasting affect.