Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cheer, Routines and Walnuts

This evening, a friend commented that I sounded "cheerful". This led me to wonder about my "cheerfulness" each day. Life here is fun. EVERY DAY. I'm cheery all the time!

I definitely don't have a stressful lifestyle (here or anywhere else). My life is often tiring but its not particularly hectic. The best word that I can use to describe it is "routine". It is full of routines revolving around Aaron.

This is especially true in Palembang. I've forgotten what it feels like now but I know that our time in Palembang is often less cheery that what we have here in Brisbane. The routines are more routine than ever over there. Its a little like Groundhog Day over there. And, spending the whole day being cheery with Aaron often leaves me with zero cheer at the end of the day for anybody else.

I think next year is going to be better. I know a few more people and Aaron is a very talkative companion now. Plus, I have several new ideas to try out.

Still, I need to do things to remind myself to have fun and enjoy each day. Sometimes, forcing yourself to be cheerful (when you don't feel like it) and purposely finding something to laugh about is all thats needed to make a day that little bit brighter. I think I sound a little like a self help website, but I'm genuinely starting to think about things like this because we'll be back in Palembang in a little over a month and the routine will start again.

Alright, enough of that. All it needs is planning and I'm starting now. So, let me leave you with something funny I heard this morning. It has been floating around my head the whole day and has been adding to the giggles I've had.

At the gym class, the instructor said something like "OK. Squeeze your butts. Pretend that you are trying to crack a walnut!" I just can't get that imagery out of my head.....

5 comments:

John A Hill said...

I just can't get that imagery out of my head.....

And now, neither can I. Thanks Amanda!

Mike said...

I may not want to get that imager .... wait ..... that's a different blog I go to. Nevermind.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The instructor has a weird mindset!

Kellan said...

I think you always sound like you are cheerful - whether you are or not, it never shows in your posts - it's one of the things I like most about you!!

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

I so agree on the routine thing. I've been striving to establish one when kaeden is new and now that we 'kind of' settle into one especially since there isn't much distraction in Plm, i'm quite afraid of how 'I' will react to changes when we'll have to be elsewhere....