It turns out that yesterday was a pretty lucky day after all. We had patches of blue skies in the morning and the smelly haze seemed to have only been working at 30% for the whole day. I was really grateful for the break and had a happy day.
Actually, living in Palembang for the past two and a half years has taught me to become much simpler in my wants. Just take a look at the 13 things I'm looking forward to in Brisbane ...
1. Obviously first and foremost, I want a breath of fresh air.
2. Using water from the tap to brush teeth. We're now using bottled water.
3. Using water from the tap to cook. Once again, bottled water.
4. Drinking water out of the tap. Yup, bottled water. Obviously we buy the HUGE 19L bottles.
5. Opening my mouth and eyes in the shower without being too worried.
6. Being able to walk outside in the evenings and not get attacked by a zillion mosquitoes.
7. Being able to drive myself out and about in sane traffic.
8. Being within walking distance of shops, the river and the city.
9. Going for storytime at the libraries.
10. Going for picnics and enjoying the parks.
11. Watching Aaron play in the backyard where there is grass.
12. Sleeping with the windows opened instead of the A/C on.
13. Laughing loudly with my family.
After several hours without electricity, I'm adding another one...
14. No Power Outages!!