Sunday, September 11, 2011
I picked up this hilarious book today - The Little Book of Great Aussie Slang. We were at the organic markets at Northey Street and this book was lying on a table with the sign 'Free Books', so, I picked it up, looked it through and took it home with me.
There are plenty in this book that I have never heard before and I thought I'd share a few here today.
1. Bend the elbow - to drink excessively.
2. Brick short of a wall - simple person.
3. Full as a fat woman's underwear - drunk.
4. Going to see a man about a dog - to urinate; to go somewhere without revealing exactly where.
5. If it was raining custard I'd only have a fork - to be very unlucky.
6. Lickety spit - a quick wash.
And look at these....
7. Call Ralph - to vomit.
8. Pavement Pizza - vomit
9. Chunder - vomit.
10. Yodel - vomit.
I wonder if there are people out there that really say these things.