Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Adrian's 1st Birthday Party

Today is a day of rest after all the cooking and preparation for Christmas and Adrian's 1st birthday. So, to make this an easy post, here are the photos from our little party yesterday. I have to say a big "Thank You" to my good friend Elaine for taking all these photos. We had hardly any good shots on our own camera (oops!).

Here's the birthday boy looking cute...





This house has seen 3 cheesecakes in the past week - 2 practice ones (because this was my first attempt at any sort of cake) and then this final Chilled Mango Cheesecake.



We weren't very organized for a group photo. I must admit that I was very distracted with the noise of all the kids and the fact that I thought the cake would start melting if we waited too long to serve it.

I think we sang "Happy Birthday" twice and each time, Aaron blew out the candle. Then the other little boy wanted a turn so I had to re-light it yet again for him to blow it out. And we wanted to let a little girl try as well so in the end, we didn't have a picture perfect group shot but the kids had a bit of fun with the candle.

6 comments:

Brian O said...

Happy Birthday Adrian :)

Scott and Elaine said...

I like that photo of Aaron blowing out the candle. I was lucky to catch that picture. Haha! Thanks again for the invite. So nice of you.
Cheers!

NomadicExpat said...

I dont think I've seen a picture of Adrian crying or being grumpy...! He's such a happy kid though you've said that he's a bit of a screamer.

And, good job with the cake! I'll make you my version (baked) when I come visit.

BTW, what did you do w the practice cakes -- eat them all?

John A Hill said...

Awesome!

Mike said...

That first picture makes him look like he's 3 already.

Fiona said...

happy birthday Adrian!
mango cheesecake. yum.