Its hayfever time for me here in Brisbane. If memory serves me correctly, August is one of the more windy months of the year and since we're moving in to spring, those winds are sending the pollen everywhere, especially up my nose.
I had forgotten all about how irritating this time of the year can be. All I can think about right now is how itchy my nose is and how I must not touch it anymore or I'll have a peeling, itchy nose tomorrow. That would be irritating AND ugly!
So, to help with the distraction, here's a list of things, from my experience, to do to distract yourself from an itchy nose:
1. Breath slowly, evenly and not too deeply.
2. Eat something. Crunchy things work best.
3. Have a steaming hot shower.
4. Bite on the collar of your T-shirt. (Unsightly but if you're at home, nobody will see you anyway.)
5. Leave your house and go somewhere else indoors. Walking in the mall is good as a distraction and also helps with the blood circulation which in turn seems to help with the itchy nose (and all the other hayfever symptoms in general.) Note: Don't go to a library. Those places make itchy noses itchier.
Alright, so I did all those things today. I also took one of those little hayfever pills but its not working yet. I think its time for me to go rummage for something to chew on. Let me know what you do when hayfever strikes.