Over the past few weeks, I've been collecting some very odd little factoids from a most unlikely source. I've been meaning to 'verify' if they were true or not but haven't gotten around to that yet. Thought I'd share a few here today as they really have been keeping me amused.
1. Humans produce about 40,000 litres of saliva in a lifetime.
2. When a woman is pregnant, her uterus expands to 500 times its normal size.
3. On average, women say 7000 words per day. Men manage just over 2000.
4. Six year olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults laugh 15-100 times a day.
5. The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by the Egyptians in 2000BC.
6. One human brain generates more electrical impulses in a day than all of the world's telephones put together.
7. Only two animals can see completely behind themselves without turning their heads: the rabbit and the parrot.
8. 1.5 billion kilograms of chocolate are consumed worldwide each year.
9. 26 minutes of slow dancing will burn about 420 kilojoules.
10. Blype is the name given to skin that peels off after sunburn.
Can anyone guess where I've been collecting these from?
(Hint: Females living in Australia probably know the answer.)