13 Things I Miss About Working (outside the house)
1) My cubicle. I liked having that little box of space all to myself.
2) Regular recognition of the work I did. I know Aaron rewards me too but I still miss that other type of 'tangible' acknowledgment.
3) Being a part of cutting-edge technology. I can't claim to have understood it all but the atmosphere was always so exciting and full of optimism.
4) Office gossip and "boss-bashing" sessions. Yes, gossiping isn't anything to be proud of but it happens and I do have fond memories of those funny times.
5) All expenses paid business trips. I REALLY miss those.
6) The international team I worked with. Of course I didn't like all those early morning or late night conference calls but I loved getting to know all those people. I'm thankful to still be able to call some of those people 'friends' even now.
7) Being able to call tech support whenever my computer was acting up.
8) Having the occasional day where there was just NO WORK to do.
9) Having many days where there was so much work that I could hardly fit in bathroom breaks.
10) Having the freedom to choose when to work on each task. I now have a little director supervising me. Well, I had a boss back then too but he was only interested in the end result.
11) The too cold air-conditioning. I could really use some of that now.
12) In a weird way, I miss Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. The mom job has equalized all 7 days.
13) In a small way, I miss my own income. Don't miss it a lot but I can't think of anything else that I miss.