I'll give this a go. I often spend time complaining about Palembang but in actual fact, I do enjoy living here. So my thirteen is on:
Why we moved to Palembang
1. The adventure of living in a developing country.
2. To give Richard's career a bit of a fast forward.
3. To live rent and debt free.
4. To enjoy a slower paced way of life.
5. To break out of our comfort zones. Change is hard but its always for the better. I don't want to get too comfortable in one place yet.
6. To see how people in different parts of the world live.
7. To be able to be in awe of progress and modern cities again. HA! HA! We only found this out after living here awhile and then leaving the place.
8. To allow me not to need to go out to work and spend time at home with Aaron instead. Although there I days that I do wish I had to go OUT to work.
9. To experience life in 1950s Malaysia. This is supposedly what much of Palembang is like.
10. For the very affordable manicures, pedicures, massages, hair spas etc.
11. For the perks that we enjoy as part of the package: A maid to help in the house and a driver to take us everywhere.
12. For the surprises that life throws at us here. From stink bugs, to muddy water, to power problems....
13. And finally, I have to admit it. For the money.