Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Has It Really Been 12 Days?

We've had a string of unexpected events over the past 12 days. After each one, it took a day for me to catch up on the things I needed to get done. And then, something else would happen and I'd have to play catch up again. It was tiring and I got lazy at the end of each day.

One of the exciting happenings was this little emergency :


He jumped from one end of a two seater sofa to the other and hit his chin on the padded armrest. Who would have thought that a padded armrest would split a chin? Anyway, we had a dream trip to the hospital - he fell asleep shortly after we arrived, didn't wake up when they pulled and prodded at his chin and then was fresh and compliant when it was time for them to glue his chin back together. 

That little bit of pain hasn't slowed Adrian down at all and he has carried on running, jumping and falling as he has done every other day. Unfortunately, Aaron got a round of his tongue ulcers and that pain had him whining for a day. The good thing that came out of that was that Aaron stayed home from school and the extra attention he got led to the start of a new project that he and I will work on - a huge timeline of the age of dinosaurs. Its going to be massive because we intend to draw most the dinosaurs from each of the Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic periods. Wish me luck!

It wasn't all unpleasant events, my parents are back here in Brisbane. Earlier on, my cousin from Malaysia was here for a few days and we did all the touristy things. My brother from Sydney also paid us an unexpected visit earlier in the week. 

Now, I need to get to my sewing machine - winter is here and Adrian needs some long pants!




2 comments:

Mike said...

Ah yes, another 'oh no they're going to think I'm beating my kid' injury.

Bilbo said...

It must be the season for split chins ... my 2 year-old granddaughter fell off her scooter and had to have her chin glued back together, too. Glad Adrian is okay!