Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun in Sydney

Hey! Where did my two weeks go? I wish I could say that we were in Sydney the whole time but we actually got back on Sunday. The time in Brisbane seems to have been swallowed up by children with fevers!

The main reason we were in Sydney was to visit my brother and his wife. They both had to work so we used the mornings and afternoons to do all the touristy things. Here are some of the photos from our trip.

I never imagined that my first meal in Sydney would be a huge plate of Nasi Goreng Spesial (Special Fried Rice). We were in a food court in Chinatown that had too many things to pick from. The Indonesian stall caught my eye and I jumped for my old favorite. It was oiliness of it definitely reminded me of the fried rice we used to get in Palembang - TASTY STUFF!



The Sydney Tower


Up in the tower, Aaron couldn't see anything through the correct end of the binoculars and insisted that this bigger end was the way to go.



It wasn't our first trip to Sydney and is obvious as I look through the photos - No good ones of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge or the Opera House!

It was the Queen Victoria Building that provided us with a couple of good laughs. Here is a photo of the men's bathrooms:


And the ladies bathroom with the biggest bathroom mirror I've ever seen!


It is a beautiful building that was completely in 1898. As we were walking around, admiring it, we noticed something interesting on this clock.


Here's a close up. It didn't come out clearly in the photo but printed on the clock is 'Ipoh Limited, Sydney'. Wikipedia says that the QVB was restored from 1984-1986 by Ipoh Limited at a cost of $86Million.



The few days in Sydney went past too quickly. I do wish that we had more time there but I'm definitely glad that we live here in Brisbane instead. It may be smaller but its also much cleaner and more organised.

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

I always enjoy your travelogues and pictures. I wish we had some great men's bathrooms like that here in the States. And, by the way, just how did you get the picture of the men's room, hmmm...?
Welcome home!

Mike said...

I always have to go up in the towers of the (few) cities I visit.